Embed videos in your PDFs and watch engagement skyrocket.
Elevate your content by adding YouTube and Vimeo videos directly into your PDF to transform it into a dynamic reading experience. You can deliver a dynamic and engaging multimedia experience for your readers, which is sure to boost their engagement with your content. Turn your PDFs with videos into powerful digital flipbooks and have your audience enjoy content that ♐truly stands out.
What is a PDF embedded video?
娛樂:Embedding videos in a PDF turns your document꧅ into a multimedia content asset. Our Videos feature makes it easy to add videos to PDFs where readers can play them directly without haviﷺng to click away from your content. Embedding allows you to make video an integral part of the reading experience.
Inserting a video into a PDF enhances your written content rather than distracting from it the way a video linked externally might. Keep viewers reading and watching your content in your publication.
How to add a video to a PDF
- Log in to Issuu and select "Publications" from the side menu.
- Select the published content you want to add videos to, and from the Publication Home Workspace, select “Add Links and Video” in the left navigation under “Enhance” to open the Link Editor tool.
Using the 娛樂:Link Editor, click and drag to create a 🔥bounding box where you꧂ would like to add your video.
- Insert the YouTube or Vimeo video URL into the Link Editor. Make sure you select “Video” as the type of link and specify whether you’d like it to auto-play or not.
Add all the benefits of video right in your publication
Just push play, or autoplay
Video puts endless marketing possibilities at your fingertips
- Yes, YouTube and Vimeo videos can be embedded directly into Issuu flipbooks – either on autoplay, as an overlay, or with a play button.
- Video is one of the best ways to boost engagement and interaction. When you insert a video in a PDF, you make the whole reading experience more dynamic and exciting. Including embedded videos is a way to leverage the full potential of digital content and go beyond a boring, static PDF to create something impactful and memorable for readers.
The difference is huge. When you embed a video in a PDF, you put the video directly in your content where it can be played or autoplayed without having to click away. There is an image preview right on the page that catches the reader’s eye and shows them a frame from the video to preview its content. When you link to a video, all you’re doing is sending readers to an external page with video c♋ontent. There are times when you might want to do this– if you don’t want to break up the text, for example, or if the video isn’t that relevant to the written content. But, g♔enerally speaking, embedding is a stronger choice for reader engagement.
- Videos take otherwise static content and make it come to life. Users are now accustomed to regularly consuming video - for some, even more frequently than reading. With videos you can supplement your existing content, or present it in a different way, appealing to all types of learning styles.
"Issuu makes it easy to promote our print pieces on the web + mobile, so members can access them anywhere. Embedding enables us to create a completely seamless experience on our website.”
Kevin at Costco
“Issuu has made creating and sharing beautiful content an easy process through its extension in Adobe InDesign. We’re excited to see Issuu empowering marketers and brands with the ability to publish on any social platform through InDesign.”
Lucas Di Rocco, Corporate Communications Coordinator at Advocis
“Issuu enables us to share The Red Bulletin magazine by using Stories on our site & social channels...to capture new audiences and increase distribution in an exciting and interesting way.”
Andreas Kornhofer, General Manager at 娛樂:Red Bull Media House Publishing
Founder of 娛樂:Miry’s List